Browse Directory Listings
Lodging & Camping
Shopping & Antiques
Restaurants & Dining
Sports & Outdoors
Church & Religion
Tours and Itineraries
Calendar of Events
News & Announcements
Register for E-mail
CVB Services & Contacts
Free Info Packet
More on Wheeling
About Wheeling, WV
Maps & Directions
& Visitors Bureau
1401 Main Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
Spring Hours of Operation:
Beginning May 1, 2014:
The success of a meeting is important, and the staff of the Wheeling Convention Bureau is here to help. Convention Services can assist meeting planners with pre-convention planning, liaison work with civic officials, entertainment and leisure activities. Let us know what you need.
Pre-convention Planning and Counseling
- Guidance and assistance from early planning stages to end of convention.
- Serve as impartial liaison between meeting planner, city’s facilities and convention-related services.
- Available to meet with your planning committee to answer questions or offer suggestions.
- Entertainment and Leisure Activities
- Assist with pre- or post-leisure activities.
- Work with meeting planner in arranging spouse or special functions during conference.
- Prepare and distribute news releases prior to convention.
- Alert media to arrival of convention and request on-site coverage.
- Convention Bureau will provide listing of local radio, television and print media to aid in securing publicity.
- Brochures are available on Wheeling area attractions, events, hotels and restaurants.
Civic Officials Liaison
- On behalf of your organization, the Bureau will contact civic officials for letter of welcome for your attendees.
- Bureau will request speakers to extend a brief welcome to your delegation.